Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Frustration

Well, I haven't been posting because there is nothing to post about! After the 5k on Saturday, I took Sunday and Monday off because my hip was feeling tight. Then after yoga on Tuesday I did 3 miles. Something just didn't feel right but I pushed through. The next day, I was unable to put any pressure on my right hip. I could not walk! The Fourth of July was pretty painful. I decided that I needed to take a break and let myself heal. Well, here I am a week later and still slighly limping. I am heartbroken. I don't think that I will be able to resume my training and be able to complete the Half Marathon on my birthday. It just kills me. I'm itching to run, but I'm going to start with a walk first. Hopefully soon.


At least my son got to enjoy the Fourth!



Begging for ice cream from everyone



Mom, I just want to watch the fireworks!



If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. The pain is when I put pressure on the leg. It seems to be deep inside where my leg connects to my hip. I've been icing but it feels deeper. I'll try to keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. You should make an appt with a Dr. For your hip. I had the same problem and kept trying to push through. I would rest then start running again and the pain came back. I finally went to the Dr and I had a stress fracture in my hip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick comment to let you know that I’ve nominated you for an award – please check out my blog www.willmoveforcake.blogspot.co.uk for details.
    I read your blog all the time and you inspire me and I wanted to let you know!
    Don’t feel like you have to do it but you can if you want.

    ReplyDelete