Friday, July 6, 2012

Lehi Roundup 5k

I decided to do the 5k this week even though its not on my race schedule for 2 weeks. It was just too tempting to pass up a 5k that is at the Rec Center that I frequent a few days a week.


Before my makeup. My headbands match my tanktop and shoes. :)


I drove there by myself of course, and parked. I walked up just as the 10kers were taking off. 7 a.m. Yuck.



Everyone waiting for the 5k to start



My shoes ready to get running


I started out pretty well. There were a few people in my way, but not bad. Eventually though the people just started to pass me. ugh. So frustrating. I was happy with my pace though so I couldn't be too disappointed. I was keeping somewhere between a 13 to 14 min/mile.

This is just after we met back up with the 10kers. They were schooling me passing left and right. Some said encouraging things which was nice, but I don't know how people go that fast. BTW, it is very difficult to take pics while running, I learned.


 
Afterwards I felt pretty good about myself. That lasted  until I saw the stats the next day. I finished 162 out of 192 women. I thought for sure that I had done better. My time was 41:34 not the under 40 I was hoping for but close. I'll just keep chasing that dream.

I don't think that you can read my tanktop but it says "Boobs are nice, but it's all about the brains." My Aunt had these made up after my Uncle passed away from Brain Cancer. Breast Cancer gets so much awareness so she wanted to bring some to Brain Cancer. I thought that they turned out cute.


As a reward I got to go see Magic Mike with the girlies Saturday night. So much fun to gossip and enjoy my friends. Plus the eye candy. Oh, the eye candy. *drool*

No comments:

Post a Comment