Friday, March 9, 2012

The beginning.

I want to be “one of those running people”. You know who I’m talking about. One of those people that if you asked them to run a 5k this weekend they would say "sure". Someone that if you said “hey, let’s go on a hike right now” they would say "okay". I don’t want to be nervous when someone says “let’s go swimming/biking/dancing tomorrow". I want to be able to say, “what time?”    

I want to lose weight in the process, but this whole running thing is calling my name. I’ve been checking out a few blogs and my mouth just salivates with the possibilities before me.

I have so many questions though! I know pretty much nothing about running. I’m hoping to start finding some answers while sifting through other blogs, google and my trusty sparkpeople website.

I hope I can find some people to join me on this journey. Here it goes. J


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's been almost 20 days, have you ran yet? ;-)

    I started running with the Couch to 5K program back in November. Now I'm up to 4 miles. And I did this while being 50 lbs. overweight. Don't think about it, just do it. :-)

    -Alyse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been running, just not posting on here. I am definitely going to try and be better about that. I started on a website called the Daily Mile though, to track my runs. Have you heard of it?
      I am about 50 pounds overweight right now. I've done couch to 5k before but I didn't feel like it was gonna work for me this time. I will hopefully post more about that tomorrow. :)

      Delete
    2. Sure, I'm on Daily Mile. You can add me as a friend if you'd like.

      http://www.dailymile.com/people/AlyseS#ref=tophd

      Delete