Friday, June 8, 2012

Looking forward

So, things have been busy. My daughter finished up the school year. She had her dance recital which was an adventure in itself. (Not enough seats for excited mothers=Total chaos) I may be losing my part-time job. *sigh* And summer has officially begun!

I've decided to go ahead and start the Half Marathon training. The whole thing still looks extremely daunting to me, but I'm thinking that if I take it one step at a time and not concentrate on the end then maybe I can make it. I ran for 3 miles, 3 days this week. I'm following Hal Higdon's Novice 2 Half Marathon training. The first day was done on the treadmill, but the second I ran at 7 am while my daughter attended cheer practice. It felt good to be outside and doing something. The third run was back on the treadmill. The weather has been so unpredictable. I checked out my treadmill and it is set at a 2.0 incline. I am thinking that might be why I'm a little slower on it. On another note. I keep forgetting to log my runs on DailyMile! I am a complete slacker.

Half Marathon Training Schedule: Novice 2

WeekMonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1Rest3 m run3 m run3 m runRest4 m runcross
2Rest3 m run3 m pace3 m runRest5 m runcross
3Rest3 m run4 m run3 m runRest6 m runcross
4Rest3 m run4 m pace3 m runRest7 m runcross
5Rest3 m run4 m run3 m runRest8 m runcross
6Rest3 m run4 m pace3 m runRest5-K Racecross
7Rest3 m run5 m run3 m runRest9 m runcross
8Rest3 m run5 m pace3 m runRest10 m runcross
9Rest3 m run5 m run3 m runRest10-K Racecross
10Rest3 m run5 m pace3 m runRest11 m runcross
11Rest3 m run5 m run3 m runRest12 m runcross
12Rest3 m run2 m pace2 m runRestRestHalf Marathon



This weekend will be the last one we spend as a family before my daughter goes to visit her "other mother". I am expecting lots of fun even though the waterpark has been ruled out due to weather. Boo. Drive-Inn or Bowling sounds fun. Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting training. I can't wait to start! Totally cheering for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are things going? Just checking in.

    ReplyDelete