Thursday, May 24, 2012

Go Big or Go Home

I did it. I registered for the 10k. I figure that even if I fail, I will have attempted a harder feat and hopefully people won't look down on me too much. I suppose that I could still change my mind but barring sickness or injury I'm sticking with the plan.

I've been dying for a Garmin but I can't justify the expense so I tried out the Runkeeper App last night. It seemed pretty accurate to me so I think that I'll use it on Saturday to help me keep my pace.

Also, I have only been using my inhaler for longer runs so I'm hoping that by using it on Saturday I will be able to breathe better thereby going faster!

My hubby has an ipod holder/strap thing for his arm and I tried it last night with my phone in it and it worked perfectly. However I moved it to my wrist, I didn't like how it felt on my arm. I'm hoping that there is enough room in the little pockets on it for my inhaler. Just in case. I'm not going to carry water. I'm just going to count on the aid stations for that.

Do you guys think that I need to bring some sort of sugary snack? What would you recommend? I thought something to suck on might be nice but I'm worried that I'll choke. haha. Any other advice is appreciated.

My solution to my hair washing dilemna was to cut a bunch off. 6 inches. My hair grows pretty fast. Here is the result. It has made washing and drying a little easier.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on registering for the 10K! I'm about to register for my first one as well :) Check out the Nike+ app..it's $2 but it seems to work really well. MapMyRun has been having issues lately, but it's free so it might also be worth a try. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your first 10k! It was actually a lot of fun. :)

      Delete
  2. You are going to do great! I don't take snacks to a race since I usually just grab what they have waiting at the end or head out to eat since I'm always starving after a long run. I swear I can eat for a family of four all by myself after a race, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the 10K! Excited to hear how it goes for you. I like Nike+ also and have been having fun with it the past few days. I haven't raced yet, so I don't have advice about that... but I'ms sure lots of others do! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete