Thursday, May 17, 2012

Weird Running Injury?

Tuesday morning I took off for my usual route. I was pushing the jogging stroller and just found myself struggling most of the time. My boob kept itching and it was driving me crazy! But there are homes around my path and I thought it would be weird if I reached inside my sports bra to take care of the problem. Maybe it's just me but I would laugh at someone that I saw doing that. I jumped in the shower when I got home. When I got out I looked to see if it was a rash or something and I had a perfectly straight line scrape! Huh? I checked my sports bra and found nothing in there, but it was clearly a scrape. Anyone ever had this happen before? I know the bra was clean because I got it out of my drawer. Weird.

I had a dark day yesterday. Ever since I've had my baby I've been super sensitive and things hurt my feelings very easily. I think that my hormones may be out of whack or something. I don't think that it's post-partum because I'm not depressed. I just get upset that people don't care about me or that they say rude things behind my back. I never really cared what others thought before. My sons 1st birthday party is next week and no one really wants to come. Ugh. My dad, step-mom and sister are leaving for Europe on my sons birthday! In fact they left last year when he was in the NICU and I'm still upset about it. Anyways, off subject. I ended up eating quite a bit. Frustrating how the two go hand-in-hand. I wish I was one of those people that can't eat when they're upset.

Anyone else noticed changes in themselves after having children?

This is the actual scrape. Just really, really close up so you can't tell what it is. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! Could it just be a really bad case of chaffing? Maybe some baby powder or something would help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same way after I had my second child. It lasted until I went OFF birth control pills. They were too strong and made me crazy (literally). I would get upset when my husband chewed his food or said something I took the wrong way. I felt like I had a dark cloud hanging over me all the time and everything hurt my feelings. I went off the pill and it was like the dark cloud just went away. I hope you figure out what is causing it or what to do to make it better. It stinks to feel bad. FYI, I'm also an emotional eater and had a bad couple of days. My pants were tight this morning which ruined my whole day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, am i the only one who thinks you ROCK for even thinking of posting a picture of your boob :) So made me smile girl. I have no idea what it could have come from but maybe something bit you? Sometimes I get weird reactions to bug bites. Hope it clears up soon and great job getting out there and running with the time you had! :)

    ReplyDelete