Tuesday, May 1, 2012

So tired

I'm tired of being sick. They ended up doing an Ultrasound of my kidney of Saturday. I'm still in a little bit of pain. I did Level 2 of 30 day Shred Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Last night the pain got really bad and I was doubled over but I seem to have turned a corner today because it only hurts a little. I went ahead and went to my usual Yoga class and there were only a few things that hurt, mostly when I laid on my back.

I don't know how to feel about the 5k on Saturday. It looks like I'm going to end up walking it. On one hand it upsets me because this was supposed to be my big day. But on the other hand I really can't be upset with myself. I didn't do anything wrong. My kidney just hates me!

If anyone reads this I promise that I was becoming a runner. My plans have just been derailed for a few weeks. I cried last night because I just want to get out there. I'm ready!

Not my kidney but my ultrasound was normal. That's good, right?

4 comments:

  1. I know it's easy to want to rush things, but getting healthy is about the rest of your life, not just that 5K on Saturday. If I've learned anything these past eight months it's that learning when you need to cry uncle for the sake of your body is a lot better than pushing yourself too far.

    Obviously I don't know you that well, and I hope I'm not out of line, but given the kidney problems and pain you are having, maybe working out hard is not the best thing for you right now. You could always focus on your food and then pick up on the tough exercise, like Shred and running, when you are out of pain.

    Maybe your yoga teacher could suggest some poses that will help with your kidney.

    Again, hope I'm not out of line. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not out of line. I have been doing my best to listen to my body. That is why I've missed a few days, but I also didn't want to be complacent and if I felt like I could do it then I did it.
      I think I'm finally getting better!

      Delete
  2. I hope you are totally better soon! It is so hard to be sidelined when you want to get going. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel! I was doing well with my C25K app then got shin splints. I waited a few days and ran again only to have to stop because the pain was so bad. I have had to stop running altogether until they heal because they just kept getting worse. Now I think I am better but have to start completely over with the app. I'm disappointed in myself because it was my own fault I got the shin splints. I decided I didn't need that stinking app to tell me when to walk and when to run and ended increasing my running WAY too much. I'll get there. It's just going to take a little longer. You'll get there too!!

    ReplyDelete