Monday, May 14, 2012

Well, I'm getting back into the swing of things.

I remember reading in one of my weight loss books the author saying that the people at his kids soccer practice were complaining that they just didn't have the time to workout but they just sat there during that hour. I decided to take this to heart and while my daughter was at her Thursday evening dance class I loaded my son in the jogging stroller and took off. It was an industrial area so it was kind of strange. Also the wind was crazy and I felt like I was hardly moving at some points. Ugh.



Saturday morning I wanted to see how long it would take me to do 4 miles because I'm still considering doing a 10k on the 26th. I managed to get in done in about an hour which was my goal. I was very excited! My normal running path was filled with people because apparently they are going to have a soccer season there. haha. So I must have been motivated. I would need to do the 10k in an hour and a half because that is as long as they are closing the roads for. I am extremely afraid of being kicked off the course so I'm not sure that I'm going to do it.


I've been thinking alot lately. There is a Half-Marathon the day after my 31st birthday. It's in August so I should just have enough time to train. I would have to go this one alone because I have no one that would be interested in training with me. The race sounds fun because it's women only and very girly. They even have a 1-mile Princess run. Man, I'm scared to commit myself to it though.

I have a question. How do you deal with washing your hair every day? I get so tired of it. I used to go every other day, but now that's out of the question.

10 comments:

  1. Go big or go home.

    You are doing so well! What good is your training if you aren't going to put it to good use? I say go for it, you'll never know if you don't try.

    Motivational enough? You are doing a great job and using that hour was genius! Good for you!

    -Tess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the motivation! I'm going to need it if I decide to go for it.

      Delete
  2. Running with a jogging stroller is super hard, especially in the wind!

    I don't wash my hair everyday. I have curly, dry hair, so washing everyday isn't really good for it. Plus, I've heard it's better for your hair to not wash it so often. I just pull it up when I take a shower after my run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think that the stroller was affecting me that much, but I think it is. You gotta do what you gotta do though.

      Delete
  3. People don't have time because they refuse to make the time. You are doing so well with your training!

    I have to wash my hair everyday as it is uber oily. If I do a run I wash it in the shower, but may not wash it the next day since it was before going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going every other day like you said because I washed it the night before, but with trying to do the 30 day shred. I wasn't getting a day off. I'm trying to calm down a little and just try to get my hair wet. We'll see how that works.

      Delete
  4. If you fall behind in the 10k I don't think they'll throw you off the course. It's just that the police and volunteers pack up and leave, or there won't be people at the finish line. Stuff like that. Email the race director and ask what will happen if you fall behind. Not that you will. ;-)

    I'm dying to train for a half marathon, but I'm pretty scared of one. haha.

    Not to be gross but unless my hair smells or looks icky I don't wash it. I always wear it in a ponytail anyway. I typically only wash it every other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked the race stats for the last 2 years and no one has been over 14:30 mile and I think thats because they cut off the race. Plus they put in the race details that the last runner will be trailed by a scooter. How embarassing! Maybe I'll try emailing them to get more details. Thanks for the idea. :)

      Delete
  5. Seriously... if I have time anyone has time! Just kidding, I am certainly no super duper champion or anything, lol. I just mean we all have to sacrifice something to reach our goals. As for the whole showering thing... umm... it doesn't always happen for me. But for some reason I was blessed to be a non-stinky non-oily person. I say blessed because I think the good Lord knew that even if I was a stinker I wouldn't always get in the shower and then I would have no friends. You just have to figure out your body and do what you have to do... unfortunately, or fortunately... however it works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I sweat quite a bit. So for the most part I HAVE to wash my hair after a run. It sucks, but I'm thinking of cutting it shorter. Hmmmm.

      Delete