Thursday, April 19, 2012

Kidneys. Ugh.

I broke my streak and I am NOT happy about it. Here's the story.

When I started the 30 Day Shred my back starting hurting a little but I assumed that was normal because of working new muscles. Well yesterday my back was just killing me every time I moved. Now in the past I've had 4 seperate kidney stones, lithotripsy (a procedure to break up kidney stones) and numerous kidney infections. All of the sudden it hit me, that's what was hurting, my stupid kidney! I made an appointment at the After Hours Clinic and after an hour long wait they informed that I did indeed have a kidney infection. Ugh. I was in too much pain to do my Shred. I was really upset but I've got two doses of the antibiotic and am starting to feel a little better so I'm hoping that by late this evening I will be able to get back on track.

Yesterday was a bust!

Not me. Just in case you were confused. ;)


Do you think that I could be ready for a 10k in 5 weeks?

3 comments:

  1. You poor thing!! I have never had kidney stones but I have heard how painful that they are. I hope that you feel better soon and are able to get back on track! I DEFINITELY think that you can be ready for the 10k in 5 weeks!! Dedication and drive and you WILL do it : ))
    http://crazymamaofboys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave birth naturally (no epidural) and the larger stones are worse! Some of the small ones weren't too bad though. Luckily it's only an infection this time so just tender.

      Good luck on your Half! I'm considering it...........

      Delete
  2. Ugh! Feel better soon. Having health stuff going on really does throw off workouts. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete