Sunday, April 8, 2012

Learning

Well, I've been reading other blogs out there because I really have no clue about running. And I'm learning that there are different types of runs. So far I get that there are shorter, faster runs and longer, slower runs. I know that there are other types but these are the two that I understand so far. Before all this, I just thought people got out there and ran. I never knew that you could train yourself to be faster either. I'm grateful to be learning so much!

I figured that Saturday was a good day to try and do a long run. I've never made it to 4 miles before so that was my goal. I knew that if I added one more loop around my pond that I should make my goal.

I did a 5 minute warm-up walk and then 3 minutes of jogging to 2 minutes of walking. When I reached one hour 5 minutes then I finished with a 5 minute cool-down walk. My daughter went with me and she rode her bike while I pushed my son in the jogging stroller. It felt so great to be done and since my hubby was home I had him take a cute little pic.

Today is Sunday and Easter, I was planning on a short-fast run but I woke up with a sore throat so I'll probably put that on hold. I hope everyone's holiday was nice!

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture! It does feel amazing knowing that you are doing the right thing for your body and working towards such a fun goal as the Princess Half!!! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete