Sunday, April 15, 2012

So fun Weekend

Well Saturday morning I woke up and decided to go out for a half hour run then do my 30 Day Shred. My husband was home so I did my first outside run without the jogging stroller in FOREVER. It started off well because I was able to wear my ipod without having to listen for my little one. About half way into it, I kept pulling my pants up because it felt like they were falling down. Eventually I started feeling burning between my legs and I figured I was experiencing the "chub rub" that I've been reading about. I ran for 8 minutes straight just trying to get home. By the time I got there I was in some good pain, I was finally able to check and my pants had sprung a hole!!! How embarassing. I managed to get through the 30 Day Shred but when I jumped in the shower it burned like crazy. I was lucky that I had a few larger bandages but I had to go buy some more. I guess that's what I get for trying to wear yoga pants to run in. *sigh*

Lovely, isn't it?!?!??!



In the afternoon we went to celebrate hubby's bday by checking out our new mall downtown. Then we headed over to do some go-cart racing. I had a good time but I got quite the arm workout trying to steer. After that we hit up a local bar for some drinks and had an awesome time! The boys played pool and as it turned out it was gay night and there were some friendly, good dancing gay men. :)  Unfortunately the night ended with our friends car being broken into but luckily no cash was stolen.

My leg is still hurting and I've been lazy all day and haven't done the Shred yet. I'm on my way there now though.

3 comments:

  1. I've sprung a few holes in my life as well. Time for some new workout clothes!!! Great job running :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work!! I have just started running but am now on hold because I have a terrible shin splint that just won't heal! I look forward to reading more and getting some good ideas as a new runner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that it is really important to stretch in order to avoid shin splints. Before and after I run, I do a couple of stretches. I do the one where you push against the wall and stretch each leg back, then I point each toe toward the ceiling, and then I grab an ankle behind my back to stretch my hamstring. It doesn't take long and I think it helps. I'll try and do a post with pics.
      You made need to see a doc if you can't get it to heal. I hope you can get going soon. :)

      Delete